Micro Visions began in 1989 as a result of Julie Lough’s vision to assist businesses in utilizing information technology (IT) solutions to more effectively run their companies and manage the costs of their total IT investments.
After gaining technical and business expertise supporting a variety of computer systems in the corporate environment of a Fortune 500 company, Julie left full-time employment to pursue her own business venture. “I loved the continuous learning opportunities in technology, the challenge of problem solving, and opportunity to assist people. Since I had an interest in owning a business and to be in control of my own destiny, starting a technology-based company seemed to be the ideal career choice,” said Julie.
Since that time, Micro Visions has grown and earned a reputation for offering objective advice and service excellence to businesses throughout West Michigan. “We perform whatever role the client needs, from CIO to technician, and have assisted in the development of many internal system administrators,” said Julie.
Qualifications & Certifications
Micro Visions’ system analysts and engineers maintain years of experience in the field of information technology. This expertise is continually enhanced through research, study, lab testing, certification and routine training that keeps us adept in and abreast of technology trends and practices. In addition, we bring collaboration, professionalism and great attitudes to every project engagement.
We maintain the following certifications:
- CompTIA A+ Certification (A+)
- CompTIA Network+ Certification (Network+)
- CompTIA Security+ Certification (Security+)
- CompTIA Linux+ Certification (Linux+)
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)
- Microsoft Certified Small Business Specialist (MCSBS)
- Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA)
- Citrix Certified Administrator (CCA)
- Certified Novell Administrator (CNA)
- Novell Certified Network Engineer (CNE)
- Symantec Certified Technical Specialist (SCTS)
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
Awards & Recognition
In addition to certification as a woman-owned business through the National Women’s Business Owners Corporation, Julie Lough and Micro Visions have received the following:
- Top Women-Owned Business Finalist: Grand Rapids Business Journal 2015
- EPIC Awards Finalist; Grand Rapids Chamber of Commerce 2014
- Top Women-Owned Business Finalist; Grand Rapids Business Journal 2013
- Top Women-Owned Business Finalist; Grand Rapids Business Journal 2011
- Athena Award Nominee 2009
- Small Business of the Year Nominee; Grand Rapids Chamber of Commerce 2009
- Top Women-Owned Business Finalist; Grand Rapids Business Journal 2007
- Athena Award Nominee 2007
- Woman of the Year; Alliance of Women Entrepreneurs 2006
- Small Business of the Year Nominee; Grand Rapids Chamber of Commerce 2006
- Woman of the Year; Alliance of Women Entrepreneurs 2004