Micro Visions offers a challenging and fulfilling work environment for those individuals with general business knowledge, strong project and time management skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to respond to changing priorities and schedules, ability to work independently, and willing to be part of a team that provides excellence and distinguished customer service.
Micro Visions offers competitive, performance-based compensation and excellent benefits. Feel free to contact us if you are interested in learning more about a career with Micro Visions.
Open Position: Technical Engineer
To provide technical consulting, implementation, and support services to clients.
- Gather and document all required technical and non-technical information and documentation in preparation for projects.
- Design, implement, and support Microsoft related technologies and systems: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
- Implement and support remote access solutions including VPNs, Terminal Services, and Citrix.
- Implement and support the network infrastructure including WAN/LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Migrate applications and data with no or minimal downtime and issues.
- Maintain understanding of clients’ and company’s business goals and application of supporting technology.
- Communicate with clients to keep them informed of progress and status.
- Provide ongoing diagnosis, resolution, and support for problems related to servers, workstations, operating systems, applications, WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, security, disaster recovery solutions, printers and other peripherals, and other items as needed.
- Provide training primarily to system administrators on new features, functions, and help desk requests.
- Keep client and internal documentation updated on an ongoing basis.
- Track time, expenses, and keep service tickets up to date according to company standards.
- Ability to generate business opportunities with existing clients.
- Provide input and/or participate in the proposal process.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- Three to five years of experience implementing and supporting Windows operating systems.
- Professional IT certifications such as: Microsoft MCTS, MCDST, MCITP; CompTIA A+ and
- Undergraduate degree in computer-related technologies
Send resume by email, fax, or mail at the following.
Micro Visions, Inc.
262 Leonard Street, Suite 2
Grand Rapids, MI 49504
Phone: (616) 776-0400
Fax: (616) 776-2596